Pumpkin Crumb Cake
"A boxed yellow cake mix is used to create a short crust and crumble topping for this cake with a pumpkin custard filling."
1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix
1 egg, beaten
1/2 cup butter, melted 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
3 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup white sugar
Pumpkin Crumb Cake (continued) 2 of 2
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 cup white sugar 3 tablespoons butter, softened
1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray or grease one 9x13 inch pan.
2. Reserve 1 cup cake mix. In a large bowl, combine the remaining dry cake mix with 1 egg and 1/2 cup melted butter. Mix well, and then pat into prepared pan.
3. In a large bowl, mix together the pumpkin, 3 eggs, 1/2 cup white sugar, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Pour over crust.
4. In a small bowl, combine reserved 1 cup cake mix, 1/2 cup sugar, and 3 tablespoons softened butter. Crumble over pumpkin filling. Sprinkle nuts evenly over the top, if desired.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 40 to 45 minutes.